Friday, November 5, 2010

The ONE that started it all!

A little over three years ago, I got married, and that's where my creativity started to flow. I planned and designed my own wedding from top to bottom. Knowing what I know now, I'm sure I could do it ten times better. But, I still love it, and it was exactly us: simple. My colors were white and pink with chocolate brown accents. I was flip flopping on the brown for the longest. But in the end, because it was fall, I decided to bring it in. I think if I were to do it today, I'd bring in gray instead of brown. I have a thing for gray at the moment. Anywho, I made my own table runners for the head table and cake table, I made my own Swarovski cake topper, and I picked and designed the flowers I wanted for the bouquets and the centerpieces. I found and put together my favors, and I personalized my wedding candle. I did my wedding on a really tight budget. I had just graduated from college and I was going back to get my Master's. Jess had just started a new job, and money was a little tight. I was happy the way everything came together, and the best money spent was on a day-of wedding coordinator. She was the best! And here's a tip, find one that's just starting out! I saved thousands by doing this. I did the same with my photographer. I saved thousands here too. But I also did my homework and research on both. I'm happy to say that both are really big professionals in their industry now. So, looking back, this is THE party that started it all.












Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment